Around the World in 80 Goths

Thanks to Meghan Gerc

Gothiness: 9 Sweatiness: 8
Eventually our perambulations brought us to a most interesting phonomena; that latest of devices, the photochromatic device, or Camera. My wife, Elpheba, was understandably nervous, having had little experience of the modern day world (being, as it was, raised in New Zealand). I, however, have had much time exploring in both the old and new worlds and was comfortable with the device, indeed I eventually persuaded Elphaba to carry one as a keepsake or portmanteau. The Bashi-Bazouks of Turkland almost delivered me a terrible blow when I attempted to record their dialect on my audio recording device. They seemed to think I wanted to use a certain appendage to make contact on the Marconi telephonic apparatus! All ended happily, though it took some time to translate the word Dictaphone.

Sorry.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Laugh all you want, but you know you NEED a pair of those spectacles with the flip-up diopter lenses. And a hat with what appears to be built in temperature and pressure gauges.

Come to think of it, the couple in this photo IS a pair of spectacles!

The Steampunk said...

apology accepted, but just this once, okay?

Anonymous said...

I'm LOVING the outfits! That looks like the Bristol Ren Faire. Or maybe I'm just crazy...

Creative Commons License Goths in Hot Weather by Tom Lenham is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 2.0 UK: England & Wales License. Based on a work at http://www.gothsinhotweather.com/. All other territories © Tom Lenham, all rights reserved.